ITG Inventory Intern
JOB TITLE: ITG Inventory Intern
DEPARTMENT: Information Technology Group
SUPERVISOR: IT Manager
The Institute for Advanced Study in Princeton, NJ is seeking an inventory intern for our Information Technology Group (ITG). In this paid internship, the successful candidate will be responsible for processing incoming equipment, tracking existing equipment, taking inventory in offices, relocating equipment, updating information in our database and prepping old equipment for retirement.
The successful candidate should possess the following attributes:
• College student
• Detail oriented
• Basic computer skills necessary to use Microsoft Word, Email and web browsers.
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to climb a short ladder to reach equipment on shelves
• Ability to lift and carry 40lbs short distances without restrictions
• Able to work six to eight hours per week (M-F) in blocks of two or more hours.
During the course of this internship, the successful candidate will learn the following:
• Inventory procedures to manage the lifecycle of equipment
• How to conduct inventory surveys with users
• Basic methods for wiping a Mac or PC securely
• Basic method for imaging a Mac or PC
• Introduction to basic components on a Mac and PC
• Opportunity to coordinate a project to find a new inventory management software
• Learn about the workings of an IT helpdesk
The Institute for Advanced Study is an equal opportunity institution encouraging a diverse pool of applicants. We believe in the inherent value of diversity and equal opportunity, recognizing that a truly diverse workforce will bring a wider array of perspectives, as well as more innovative and effective solutions, to the organization. As a community dedicated to intellectual inquiry, we are resolutely committed to the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion.