JOB TITLE: Groundskeeper
REPORT TO: Grounds Supervisor
The Groundskeeper position is responsible for the overall appearance of the Institute’s grounds.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
Responsible for supporting the overall appearance of the IAS grounds
- Inspects grounds, turf, shrub lines and trees for health and vitality on an ongoing basis. Based on health and season cycle, mows turf, weeds, prunes, fertilizes, mulches or treats plant material and flower beds.
- Removes and appropriately disposes of all fallen leaves, weeds and all plant material in accordance with established procedures.
- Appropriately removes snow and ice by utilizing snow plows, shovels, de-icing agents; e.g., calcium chloride, magnesium chloride, or road salt, as situation demands.
- Ensures that all grounds keeping equipment and supplies are maintained in a safe and secure environment at all times; e.g., shovels, power mowers and trimmers, riding equipment, gasoline and diesel fuels, herbicides and insecticides, etc.
All other duties as assigned by the Grounds Supervisor
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to lift and carry fifty pounds.
- Ability to climb ladders while carrying and using equipment such as electric clippers.
Education, Experience and Knowledge
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 0 – 3 years of related experience preferred.
- Basic knowledge of grounds keeping equipment required
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Must be able to operate a riding/pushing mower, leaf blower, etc.
The Institute for Advanced Study is an equal opportunity institution encouraging a diverse pool of applicants. We believe in the inherent value of diversity and equal opportunity, recognizing that a truly diverse workforce will bring a wider array of perspectives, as well as more innovative and effective solutions, to the organization. As a community dedicated to intellectual inquiry, we are resolutely committed to the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package which includes subsidized health and dental insurance, an excellent retirement plan, and a generous paid time off program