Academic Affairs Assistant (part-time)
JOB TITLE: Academic Affairs Assistant (part-time)
DEPARTMENT: Director’s Office
REPORT TO: Director of Academic Affairs
Reporting to the Director of Academic Affairs, the incumbent is responsible providing editorial, content and administrative support to the Academic Affairs and AMIAS work of the Institute, including facilitating departmental workflow, coordination of projects and production, and ensuring quality control of relevant materials. Working in close collaboration with the Director of Academic Affairs and the AMIAS and Member Relations Officer, the Academic Affairs Assistant is also responsible for updating the narrative and visual content for the Academic Affairs and AMIAS sections of the website, assist in the management of content as is specifically relates to AMIAS, support the various projects of the department, and general administrative support. All other duties, as assigned by the Director of Academic Affairs.
THIS IS A 2-YEAR, PART TIME (20 HOUR PER-WEEK) POSITION
Position Duties and Responsibilities
Website content and editorial responsibilities
- Working in close collaboration with the Director of Academic Affairs, responsible for providing support to the day-to-day administrative needs of the Academic Affairs and AMIAS sections of the website, including updates to the narrative and visual content.
- Copyedit, fact check, proof, and research data and materials on the website to ensure accuracy and quality control.
- Create and manage the web-based interface for all AMIAS-related materials.
- Partner with the Director of Academic Affairs to create visual and audio content, which may include photography, webinars, live streams, and videos.
- In conjunction with the Development team, ensure that all AMIAS content dovetails into the relevant development-related materials.
Project Management and administrative support
- Provide oversight to a variety of academic affairs and alumni relations related projects and programs
- Manage material gathering, administer the collaborative online space for materials and agendas, and participate in meetings to take notes, as required.
All other duties as assigned by the Director of Academic Affairs
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Strong office and software experience, especially with website platforms and programs.
- Attention to detail and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Education, Experience and Knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Minimum of two-to-three years related experience required.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Strong office and software experience required, including familiarity with Word, Excel, Photoshop, PowerPoint, and/or Quark; proficiency on both PC and Mac preferred.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills and ability to work productively as a team member required.
The Institute for Advanced Study is an equal opportunity institution encouraging a diverse pool of applicants. We believe in the inherent value of diversity and equal opportunity, recognizing that a truly diverse workforce will bring a wider array of perspectives, as well as more innovative and effective solutions, to the organization. As a community dedicated to intellectual inquiry, we are resolutely committed to the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion.