Reporting to the Chef/Director of Dining Services, the incumbent will be responsible for operating the dishwashing machine, wash designated kitchen wares; and clean and maintain equipment and work areas. Additional responsibilities include washing pots, pans and other kitchen utensils and equipment, and complete other special cleaning projects as assigned.
This is a 40-hour per week position (7:00 am – 3:00 pm weekdays) with additional overtime required during the academic year.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate dishwashing machine, adhering to specifications and standards for proper use.
- Wash pots, pans and other utensils and equipment.
- Help with lunch cleanup; clean service and work areas.
- Load and unload dish machines.
- Restock plate and utensil stations as well as coffee and other areas to prepare for the next day.
- Clean (counters, walk-ins, equipment, etc.).
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Skills and Abilities
- Must be able to tolerate fluctuations in heat and humidity at workstation.
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds.
- Ability to stand for entire shift (8 hours)
Education, Experience and Knowledge
- High school degree or equivalent required
- Previous experience as a hotel/restaurant dishwasher and/or in a janitorial cleaning position required.
- Must have familiarity with proper sanitation regulations.
- Knowledge of proper chemical handling required.
- Ability to work in a busy kitchen with speed and accuracy while maintaining cooperative relationships with co-workers required.
The Institute for Advanced Study is an equal opportunity institution encouraging a diverse pool of applicants. We believe in the inherent value of diversity and equal opportunity, recognizing that a truly diverse workforce will bring a wider array of perspectives, as well as more innovative and effective solutions, to the organization. As a community dedicated to intellectual inquiry, we are resolutely committed to the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package which includes subsidized health and dental insurance, an excellent retirement plan, and a generous paid time off program.