Administrative Services Assistant
JOB TITLE: Administrative Services Assistant
DEPARTMENT: Administrative Services
REPORT TO: Chief Administrative Operations Officer
The Administrative Services Assistant is responsible for driving Institute vehicles including the shuttle, on assigned routes, mail delivery, operating production office equipment, and providing entry-level clerical support.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
Transportation and Banking
- Drive Institute vehicles including the shuttle, on assigned routes following procedures and all traffic laws to insure the safe operation of the vehicle and safety of passengers.
- Perform daily banking transactions for IAS.
- Sort and deliver mail, supplies, and packages several times daily. Process outbound mail. Provide information to mail room patrons regarding postage and best methods of delivery. Track and report postage machine expenses.
Stockroom and Inventory
- Place orders and maintain supply inventory. Verify orders and check best prices and resolve any issues directly with vendors.
- Perform cycle inventory accounting process.
- Provide back-up for copy shop and stockroom, processing printing requests and distributing stock items upon request.
Skills and Abilities
- Standard PC skills including experience with Excel and Outlook.
- Must work alternating Saturdays and possible overtime.
- Ability to lift and carry fifty pounds for short distances, and work in outdoor and indoor environments.
Education, Experience and Knowledge
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- At least one year of experience in a position with similar duties preferred.
- Valid driver's license required.
The Institute for Advanced Study is an equal opportunity institution encouraging a diverse pool of applicants. We believe in the inherent value of diversity and equal opportunity, recognizing that a truly diverse workforce will bring a wider array of perspectives, as well as more innovative and effective solutions, to the organization. As a community dedicated to intellectual inquiry, we are resolutely committed to the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package which includes subsidized health and dental insurance, an excellent retirement plan, and a generous paid time off program.