Help Desk Intern
JOB TITLE: Help Desk Intern
DEPARTMENT: Information Technology Group
REPORT TO: Computer Manager - ITG
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Assist support staff with providing information and service to faculty, members and staff in the departments of Historical Studies, Social Science and Administration.
- Responsibilities will include drive imaging, testing software builds and office hardware installs.
- Ensure proper operation of IT equipment, including desktop and mobile computers, as well as printers.
- Create and update documentation on our Drupal web site.
- Participate in the inventory process, including the assignment and tracking of asset tags to equipment, and ensuring all records are accurate.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM AND PREFERRED REQUIREMENTS:
- Only current college undergraduates (freshmen-juniors) may apply for this position.
- Must be able to work at least 8 hours a week during the school year scheduled between 8am and 5pm.
- Previous experience with providing hardware and software troubleshooting support is required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills are required.
- Ability to lift and move computer equipment short distances is required.
The Institute for Advanced Study is an equal opportunity institution encouraging a diverse pool of applicants. We believe in the inherent value of diversity and equal opportunity, recognizing that a truly diverse workforce will bring a wider array of perspectives, as well as more innovative and effective solutions, to the organization. As a community dedicated to intellectual inquiry, we are resolutely committed to the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion.