JOB TITLE: Administrative Assistant
DEPARTMENT: Director’s Office/Office of Development and Communications
REPORT TO: Chief Development Officer
Responsible for providing general administrative support for the Chief Development Officer, while also providing general office support related to the Director’s Office. Provide support to the Board material development process. All other duties as assigned by the Chief Development Officer.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
Manage the administrative functions for the Chief Development Officer, while also providing general office support related to the Director’s Office
- Provide administrative functions for the Chief Development Officer’s (CDO’s) office, including the Chief of Staff. Responsible for coordinating the CDO’s schedule and arranging meetings, answering the CDO’s telephone and other telephones as required, and performing clerical tasks as necessary including typing, filing, and mailings. Draft routine correspondence and memos for the CDO and other senior Office of Development and Communications staff on an as-needed basis.
- Serve as one of the Institute’s point persons in working with Trustees, including making arrangements for their visits to the Institute, and responding to Trustees’ questions and requests for assistance. Assist in making arrangements for Trustee meetings at the Institute and elsewhere as required. Manage training for Trustees on electronic Board book use.
- Responsible for completing all of the CDO’s Raiser’s Edge work and updates.
- Provide administrative assistance in support of the preparation of Office of Development and Communications Board materials.
- Serve as a positive core member of the Office of Development and Communications, who works well with other assistants and executives throughout the organization
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality in all matters related to the CDO’s office, the Institute’s Development program, the Board of Trustees, and all matters requiring sensitivity and discretion.
- Develop relationships with Development and administrative staff across the IAS to help facilitate Development work.
- Other duties as assigned.
All other duties as assigned by the Chief Development Officer
Skills and Abilities
- Must have excellent administrative skills, with thorough knowledge of the objectives of the development and communications department.
Education, Experience and Knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required.
- A minimum of 5 years related experience strongly preferred, preferably within higher education
- Strong office and software skills with Word and Excel required; Power Point and database experience a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work productively as a team member required.
- Strong written and verbal communication required.
The Institute for Advanced Study is an equal opportunity institution encouraging a diverse pool of applicants. We believe in the inherent value of diversity and equal opportunity, recognizing that a truly diverse workforce will bring a wider array of perspectives, as well as more innovative and effective solutions, to the organization. As a community dedicated to intellectual inquiry, we are resolutely committed to the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package which includes subsidized health and dental insurance, an excellent retirement plan, and a generous paid time off program.