Part-time- Events Assistant - Flexible days and hours
JOB TITLE: Events Assistant- Part-time- 20 hours/week - Flexible days can work with any schedule
DEPARTMENT: Office of Events
REPORTS TO: Director of Events/Events Manager
The Events Assistant will be responsible for providing logistical support and assistance for a wide variety of Institute events, including coordinating logistical arrangements for events, overseeing the set-up of campus events, and providing day-of event staffing.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
Events Planning and Administrative Support (75%)
- Monitor various event registration systems and keep RSVP lists updated. Send follow up and confirmation emails to constituents to confirm their participation/attendance.
- Enter registration and final attendance data into the database.
- Produce printed materials/digital materials: place cards, menu cards, table numbers, seating lists, title slides.
- Coordinate special events materials such as merchandise, gifts, and themed events decor.
- Make and update events reservations on Facilities Calendar and produce and post Events Production Plans and Floor Plan documents. Coordinate planning with Institute Dining Services, Administrative Services, Facilities, and Media Services staff on event set up.
- Assist with distribution of events related promotional materials, including hanging posters on campus and organizing mailings. Research and develop lists for distribution of electronic mailings.
- Book outside vendors for campus events including caterers, rental companies, tent rentals, musicians and florists. Schedule deliveries, arrange for Township permits, and organize campus activity related to outside vendors.
- Maintain events supplies inventory and run errands, as needed
Event Production Support (20%)
- Provide logistical support and event staffing for special programs, conferences and meetings, with emphasis on supporting Artist in Residence and the Friends of the Institute events.
- Oversee vendor deliveries and pick-ups.
- Oversee event set up and ensure breakdown is complete
All other duties as assigned. (5%)
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal presentation and interpersonal skills, and the ability to manage deadlines and multiple projects simultaneously required.
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality in all matters requiring sensitivity and discretion.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects with flexibility and detail orientation.
- Ability to prioritize, work under pressure, and meet short deadlines.
- Strong knowledge of and ability to use computer technology to efficiently accomplish work, using e-mail, the Internet, database management software, and Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Education, Experience and Knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum of three years related experience strongly preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work productively as a team member required.
- Strong attention to detail and proofreading ability, as well as excellent written and verbal skills.
Please note that proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required to work at the Institute.
Individuals are eligible to request an accommodation based on a medical exemption or profession of sincerely-held religious beliefs.
The Institute for Advanced Study is an equal opportunity institution encouraging a diverse pool of applicants. We believe in the inherent value of diversity and equal opportunity, recognizing that a truly diverse workforce will bring a wider array of perspectives, as well as more innovative and effective solutions, to the organization. As a community dedicated to intellectual inquiry, we are resolutely committed to the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion.