JOB TITLE: Bartender
DEPARTMENT: Dining Services
REPORTS TO: Dining Room Manager, Asst. Manager, Chef
Hours: Wednesday, Thursday and Friday from 4:30 pm to 12:00 am.
Responsible for the setup, maintenance and operation of bar. Take drink orders from patrons or wait staff, and prepare and serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks in accordance with standard recipes.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
Responsible for the setup, maintenance and operation of bar (90%)
- Receive drink orders from patrons or wait staff.
- Mix and serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks for patrons of bar and dining room following standard recipes. Mixes ingredients such as liquor, soda, water, sugar and bitters, to prepare cocktails and other drinks. Serve wine and bottled beers or draws beer from kegs.
- Rings drink orders into register; collect money from patrons for drinks served and makes change.
- Order or requisitions liquors, other beverages and supplies.
- Arrange bottles and glasses to make an attractive display and merchandise drinks.
- May slice and pit fruit for garnishing drinks
- Wash and sterilize glassware.
- Prepare appetizers, such as pickles, cheese and cold meats, and replenish as needed.
All other duties as assigned by the Dining Room Manager, Asst. Manager, Chef (10%)
Skills and Abilities
- Must have basic knowledge of beer, wine, and spirits, and familiar with standard drink recipes
- Must possess basic math skills and have the ability to handle money
- Must be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to remain stationary for long periods of up to four hours in length.
Education, Experience and Knowledge
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Must be 21 years or older (unless state law permits younger age)
- Must have prior experience as a Bartender.
Please note that proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required to work at the Institute.
Individuals are eligible to request an accommodation based on a medical exemption or profession of sincerely-held religious beliefs.
The Institute for Advanced Study is an equal opportunity institution encouraging a diverse pool of applicants. We believe in the inherent value of diversity and equal opportunity, recognizing that a truly diverse workforce will bring a wider array of perspectives, as well as more innovative and effective solutions, to the organization. As a community dedicated to intellectual inquiry, we are resolutely committed to the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package which includes subsidized health and dental insurance, an excellent retirement plan, and a generous paid time off program.