Computing Support Intern
JOB TITLE: Computing Support Intern
DEPARTMENT: Information Technology Group
SUPERVISOR: IT Manager
The Institute for Advanced Study in Princeton, NJ is seeking Computing Support interns for our Information Technology Group. In this paid internship, successful candidates will be responsible for assisting our IT staff in supporting a diverse population of scholars. Ideal candidates will have existing knowledge and skills in desktop support for Windows or Mac OS. This is an excellent opportunity to work with a vast array of software and technology in a short period of time.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in providing support for desktop Mac/PC systems, mobile devices, networked printers, wireless, VPN clients, mail clients and commercial productivity software.
- Participate in the process of tracking equipment and logging support requests to maintain accurate records.
- Opportunity to lead or participate in an IT project.
- Opportunity to create and update online support documentation.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM AND PREFERRED REQUIREMENTS:
- Only current college undergraduates (freshmen-juniors) may apply for this position.
- Must be able to work at least eight hours per week during the school year scheduled between 8 am and 5 pm on weekdays.
- Strong PC or Mac troubleshooting skills are required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Ability to lift and move computer equipment short distances is required.
Please note that proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required to work on campus.
Individuals are eligible to request an accommodation based on a medical exemption or profession of sincerely-held religious beliefs.
The Institute for Advanced Study is an equal opportunity institution encouraging a diverse pool of applicants. We believe in the inherent value of diversity and equal opportunity, recognizing that a truly diverse workforce will bring a wider array of perspectives, as well as more innovative and effective solutions, to the organization. As a community dedicated to intellectual inquiry, we are resolutely committed to the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion.