Licensed Electrician - Temporary position
Position Duties and Responsibilities
Electrical and Preventive Maintenance Duties (90%)
- In accordance with work orders and following accepted electrical safety regulations and guidelines, repairs, installs, replaces, and tests electrical circuits, equipment, and appliances, utilizing appropriate tools, testing instruments, materials, and supplies.
- Installs and monitors performance of electrical equipment for hazards to ensure a quality operation and a safe and secure environment
- Effectively coordinates work to be completed with appropriate maintenance specialty; e.g., painting, carpentry, etc., to ensure a quality and safe end product that is completed within established timeframes.
- Ensures that all electrical equipment and supplies are maintained in a safe and secure environment at all times; e.g., hardware, wiring, light bulbs, and other lighting, circuit breakers, testing meters, etc.
- Provide electrical support to boilers, air conditioning, pumps, lighting and kitchen equipment.
All other duties as assigned by the Maintenance Supervisor (10%)
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to lift and carry fifty pounds.
- Ability to follow written and verbal directions.
- Exposure to potentially dangerous materials and situations that require knowledge of extensive safety precautions.
Education, Experience and Knowledge
- High School diploma required, with a minimum of 3 years of related experience required
- NJ Electrical License required.
- Knowledge of underground utility detectors preferred.
We require proof of Covid-19 vaccination to work on campus.