Collection Development and Curation Internship
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
The Institute for Advanced Study Shelby White and Leon Levy Archives Center seeks an intern to assist with the research, development, and curation of archival and special collections related to the Institute’s history.
Skills and Abilities:
The Collection Development and Curation Intern will:
- Gain experience building relationships and collaborating with Institutional content creators in ways that promote ethical models for collection acquisition and development,
- Establish strategies for appraising, evaluating, and supporting access to diverse archival collections,
- Develop research and writing skills necessary to present and promote archival materials to diverse audiences through engagement and outreach opportunities,
- Learn skills to support efforts to diversify collections, promote outreach and engagement, and build successful curatorial projects and initiatives.
Education, Experience and Knowledge
The Collection Development and Curation Intern will ideally be:
- Enrolled or interested in pursuing a graduate degree in Library and Information Science, or Public History.
- Able to demonstrate a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion as well as supporting representation for marginalized groups.
- Able to communicate and collaborate effectively with individuals from a wide-variety of backgrounds, and
- Able to demonstrate excellent research and writing skills.
Anticipated Learning Objectives:
The Collection Development and Curation Intern will be able to pursue optional opportunities over the course of this internship that supports their personal professional development goals.
Timeline & Application Requirements
This internship will take place over the course of 8 weeks and is part- time (approximately 20 hours a week).
Applications should include a cover letter and CV/resume. Any applications with questions regarding the position should contact Caitlin Rizzo at email@example.com.
The Institute for Advanced Study is an equal opportunity institution encouraging a diverse pool of applicants. We believe in the inherent value of diversity and equal opportunity, recognizing that a truly diverse workforce will bring a wider array of perspectives, as well as more innovative and effective solutions, to the organization. As a community dedicated to intellectual inquiry, we are resolutely committed to the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion.