Part time Academic Assistant - 16 hours per week
Responsible for providing administrative assistance and clerical support to the Center for Systems Biology Emeritus Faculty.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
Responsible for providing general secretarial office support for the Center for Systems Biology (90%)
Assist Center for System Biology Emeritus Faculty
With letters of recommendation; prepare travel itineraries, obtain travel documents (visas, renew passports), communicate with institutions they are visiting regarding talks, accommodations, limo pickups; submit invoices and travel reimbursements; maintain faculty calendars; screen, respond and provide information to inquiries received through telephone calls, e-mail, postal mail and in person visitors; take accurate messages and refer inquires to appropriate individuals; make photocopies.
All other duties as assigned by the School Administrative Officer (10%)
Skills and Abilities
- Strong administrative, office and computer experience.
- Attention to detail and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Education, Experience and Knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required
- 3-5 years secretarial experience preferred.
- Office and computer software skills (Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat DC) required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to work cooperatively in a team environment.