Human Resources Benefits Administrator
JOB TITLE: Human Resources Benefits Administrator
DEPARTMENT: Human Resources
REPORT TO: Chief Human Resources Officer
Reporting to the Chief Human Resources Officer, the Human Resources Benefits Administrator, has primary responsibility for serving as the primary point of contact on behalf of the human resources department, with a particular emphasis on employee benefits and HRIS administration. Additional responsibilities include maintaining personnel records, partnering with the Payroll Specialist on pay maintenance-related issues, and processing insurance enrollments. All other duties, as assigned by the Chief Human Resources Officer.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage benefits administration on behalf of the Institute, including change reporting, approving invoices for payment, retirement payments, open enrollment, leave and COBRA administration, and communicating benefits information to employees
- Monitor, track and analyze monthly claims data for our self-insured medical plan, report to CHRO on a monthly basis
- Identify benefit trends, monitor costs and issues with particular attention to our self-insured medical plan, and make recommendations for appropriate changes and enhancements to overall plan design
- Partner with 3rd party administrator to manage all leave of absence cases with sensitivity and confidentiality. Conduct initial meeting with employee to discuss disability benefits and leave eligibility, refer to 3rd party administrator for claim processing. In conjunction with the Payroll Specialist, coordinate salary continuation and disability payments for all leave of absence.
- Develop and coordinate annual open enrollment meetings
- Process, track, maintain and analyze information related to employment payroll, benefits, and employee data. Produce yearly reports, salary letters, and other reports as required.
- Refer claims resolution to insurance broker to comply with HIPAA
- Prepare nondiscrimination tests for Sec 125 plans, EEO-1 reporting and coordinate with external vendors to complete1095-C processing.
- Handle 5500 filing with outside vendor
- Facilitate the Tuition Assistance Program for employees and children of employees
- Handle all worker’s compensation claims.
- Recommend and implement modifications to ensure ongoing compliance, competitiveness and alignment with the Institute’s benefits philosophy.
Human Resources Information System (HRIS/Payroll) and Timekeeping System Administrator
- Act as Super user of HRIS/Payroll and Timekeeping system
- Transfer all new hires from the Recruiting module to HRIS/Payroll and Timekeeping systems
- Maintain personnel records for active, retired and former employees
- Partnering with the Payroll Specialist, recommend and support the implementation of improvements to all phases of the onboarding and payroll processes
- Primary liaison with Payroll Specialist, including responsibility to researching payroll discrepancies, communicating and monitoring al new hire and salary activities, processing payroll maintenance while ensuring accurate information regarding employee terminations, leaves, benefit changes, etc.
- Manage and continuously seek opportunities to support the data maintenance and reporting requirements of the Human Resources Department. Provide all relevant information to accounting and auditors, as required.
General support to HR Department Operations
- Produce Institute telephone/office directories and generate other informational notifications, including Holiday closures and schedules, Time Report schedules, Open Enrollments TIAA-CREF meetings, etc. Provide support and oversight to HR events on an as-needed basis.
- Maintain website for Human Resources, including annual forms updates and recommended provider lists. Maintain and update health insurance and urgent care information on Visa and Visitor Services website.
- Act as visa and visitor services backup.
All other duties as assigned by the Chief Human Resources Officer
Skills and Abilities
- Strong self-motivation, organization, and follow-up skills
- Excellent written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects with both flexibility and meticulous attention to detail
- Able to prioritize, work under pressure, and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to exercise good judgment and creativity in problem-solving
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels of the Institute community
Education, Experience and Knowledge
- Bachelor's degree required
- A minimum of five years of relevant experience required
- Previous experience with Microsoft Office programs required
- Notary Public preferred
- Excellen written and verbal communication skills required.
The Institute for Advanced Study is an equal opportunity institution encouraging a diverse pool of applicants. We believe in the inherent value of diversity and equal opportunity, recognizing that a truly diverse workforce will bring a wider array of perspectives, as well as more innovative and effective solutions, to the organization. As a community dedicated to intellectual inquiry, we are resolutely committed to the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package which includes subsidized health and dental insurance, an excellent retirement plan, and a generous paid time off program.