Position Duties and Responsibilities:
Provide academic and administrative support to faculty members
- Type mathematical papers and presentations using LaTeX and other software.
- Prepare letters of recommendation in LaTeX, track deadlines, and issue reminders.
- Make travel arrangements, create itineraries, and process travel reimbursements.
- Maintain calendars for meetings, travel, and events.
- Create and maintain websites using Drupal.
- Assist with monitoring deadlines and compiling data for faculty grant reports.
- Assist with monitoring deadlines and meeting specifications for journals and other publishers.
- Collaborate with the Program Manager to plan conferences for assigned faculty.
- Distribute mail and restock coffee and office supplies as scheduled.
Coordinate weekly seminars and named lecture series
- Work with faculty and organizers to schedule and publicize short post-doctoral talks, weekly seminars, and named lecture series.
- Request and keep track of speakers’ titles and abstracts.
- Send email announcements for each seminar, lecture, and post-doc talk series.
- Manage catering proposals and dinner reservations for select seminars and lectures.
- Coordinate logistics and support services for the Morse, Weyl, and Adler Lecturers, including invitation letters, housing reservations, and payments.
Complete other duties as assigned
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work productively as a team member
- Excellent organization and time-management skills
- Ability to multi-task and adhere to internal and external deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivation and timely follow-up skills
- Ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher, and PowerPoint, and other software for desktop publishing and data management
- Ability to handle sensitive information with confidentiality and discretion
- Ability to use or learn to use TeX, LaTeX, and AMSTeX
- Ability to use or learn to use Drupal
- Ability to read and write in French
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree
- 3 – 5 years of administrative experience
- 3 – 5 years of experience in higher education
- Experience using TeX, LaTeX, or AMSTeX
The Institute for Advanced Study is an equal opportunity institution encouraging a diverse pool of applicants. We believe in the inherent value of diversity and equal opportunity, recognizing that a truly diverse workforce will bring a wider array of perspectives, as well as more innovative and effective solutions, to the organization. As a community dedicated to intellectual inquiry, we are resolutely committed to the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes subsidized health and dental insurance, an excellent retirement plan, and a generous paid time off program.