Responsible for all cold food items prepared in the kitchen of a foodservice establishment.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
Responsible for all cold food items prepared in the kitchen of a foodservice establishment
- Complies with all portion sizes, quality standards, department rules, policies and procedures.
- Identifies and select cuts of meat, poultry, shellfish, fish, game, fruits or vegetables used for cold food production.
- Prepares vegetables for salads by peeling, paring, coring, portioning, washing, sectioning, zesting, cutting or scoring.
- Prepares garnish for cold food plates and platters.
- Slices meats, chesses, and vegetables, other items for salads, sandwiches or cold platters.
- Assembles sandwiches, cold appetizers, cold platters, sandwiches, desserts.
- Prepares salad dressings, cold sauces and dips.
- Responsible for maintaining a sanitary work station
- Select and uses knives, hand tools, utensils, and equipment to portion, cut slice, dip, score, julienne, whip, beat, maintain holding temperature, chill, freeze or otherwise produce food in the pantry station.
All other duties as assigned by the Chef/ Sous Chef
Skills and Abilities
- Must be able to communicate clearly with employees, dining room staff, and guests.
- Must be able to stand for periods of up to four hours in length.
- Must have the ability to lift pots, pans, etc., up to 40 pounds in weight.
- Must possess dexterity for using small tools and equipment
Education, Experience and Knowledge
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Degree from a postsecondary culinary arts training program is desirable.
- Minimum of one year in a food preparation position strongly preferred.
Monday through Friday 7:00am to 3:00pm
The Institute for Advanced Study is an equal opportunity institution encouraging a diverse pool of applicants. We believe in the inherent value of diversity and equal opportunity, recognizing that a truly diverse workforce will bring a wider array of perspectives, as well as more innovative and effective solutions, to the organization. As a community dedicated to intellectual inquiry, we are resolutely committed to the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package which includes subsidized health and dental insurance, an excellent retirement plan, and a generous paid time off program.