Bartender (Part Time/On Call)
Responsible for the setup, maintenance and operation of bar. Take drink orders from patrons or wait staff, and prepare and serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks in accordance with standard recipes.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
Responsible for the setup, maintenance and operation of bar
- Receive drink orders from patrons or wait staff.
- Mix and serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks for patrons of bar and dining room following standard recipes. Mixes ingredients such as liquor, soda, water, sugar and bitters, to prepare cocktails and other drinks. Serve wine and bottled beers or draws beer from kegs.
- Rings drink orders into register; collect money from patrons for drinks served and makes change.
- Order or requisitions liquors, other beverages and supplies.
- Arrange bottles and glasses to make an attractive display and merchandise drinks.
- May slice and pit fruit for garnishing drinks
- Wash and sterilize glassware.
- Prepare appetizers, such as pickles, cheese and cold meats, and replenish as needed.
All other duties as assigned by the Dining Room Manager, Asst. Manager, Chef
Skills and Abilities
- Must have basic knowledge of beer, wine, and spirits, and familiar with standard drink recipes
- Must possess basic math skills and have the ability to handle money
- Must be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to remain stationary for long periods of up to four hours in length
Education, Experience and Knowledge
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Must be 21 years or older (unless state law permits younger age)
- Must have prior experience as a Bartender.
On call, 4 hours minimum per day guaranteed, hours shared between the two bartenders.
Monday 4:00pm to 6:30pm (Oct – Dec & Feb – April)
Wednesday 4:00pm to 10:00pm (Oct – April)
Thursday 4:00pm to 6:30pm (Oct – Dec & Feb – April)
Friday 4:00pm to 10:00pm (Oct – April)
Saturday 5:30pm to Midnight (Jazz night only, total of 6 shifts maximum)