Cashier (Part Time)
Responsible for collecting and the distribution of payment from cash drawer during lunch hours and special events.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
Responsible for collecting and the distribution of payment from cash drawer during lunch hours and special events
- Receive cash bank at beginning of work shift and verifies accuracy by counting money in cash drawer. Ensures an accurate accounting of all transactions, collections and disbursements during work shift.
- Obtains and reviews information regarding price changes or menu specials. Update and makes signage
- Greets guests as they enter and exit the dining area.
- Itemizes and totals guests’ food and beverage purchases, or may collect food and beverage checks from guests and ring them to the register.
- Collects cash, checks or charge payments from guests. Makes change for cash transactions.
All other duties as assigned by the Chef or Shift Manager
Skills and Abilities
- Must possess basic math skills and have the ability to handle money accurately. Should have basic knowledge of the functions of cash register.
- Requires walking or standing for an extended period of time.
- Must have ability to remain stationary for periods of up to four hours in length, be able to bend and stoop on occasion, and be able to escort guests to other parts of the facility as circumstances dictate.
Education, Experience and Knowledge
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Prior experience as a cashier strongly preferred.
- Bilingual preferred
Monday – Friday: (12:00PM to 4:00PM)
Two Saturday’s a month: (9:00AM to 1:00PM)
The Institute for Advanced Study is an equal opportunity institution encouraging a diverse pool of applicants. We believe in the inherent value of diversity and equal opportunity, recognizing that a truly diverse workforce will bring a wider array of perspectives, as well as more innovative and effective solutions, to the organization. As a community dedicated to intellectual inquiry, we are resolutely committed to the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion.